Committee: Planning and Development
Its Sub-Committees and Working Groups are:
- PLanning Applications Sub-Committee
Its outside bodies are:
- Gatwick Airport Consultative Committee (GATCOM)
- Horley Regeneration Forum
- Horley Town Management Group (HTMG)
Terms of Reference
- As a statutory consultee, comment on applications received for planning consent within the Town and to submit comments within twenty-one days. Comments may be made on planning applications, tree preservation orders, as notified by Reigate & Banstead Borough Council. In addition the Town Council may comment on planning applications made at neighbouring District Councils.
- To consider all appeals against planning refusal by the District Council within the Town and to submit comments to the Department of the Environment.
- Comment on matters relating to Gatwick Airport.
- To consider any proposals for amendment to the County or District structure plans and to make recommendations to the Council.
- Comment on Structure and Local Plans, Transport Plans etc, referred by senior authorities for comment.
- To be responsible for expenditure within the limits previously approved by the Council and make recommendations to the Finance & General Purposes Committee as deemed appropriate.
- Making appointments to, and receiving reports in respect of its Outside Bodies.
- David Powell
- Fiona Stimpson
- Giorgio Buttironi
- James Baker
- Jerry Hudson
- Martin Saunders
- Michael George (Chairman)
- Rob Spencer
- Samantha Marshall
- Simon Marshall