Committee: Leisure and Amenities
Its Sub-Committees are:
Grounds Maintenance Sub-Committee
Horley in Bloom Advisory Committee
Horley Open Spaces Advisory Committee
Its outside bodies are:
- Churchyards Committee
- Gatwick Greenspace Partnership
- Horley Carnival Committee
- Horley Conservation Group
- Royal British Legion (Horley)
Terms of Reference
The Leisure & Amenities Committee shall make recommendations to Full Council relative to:
- The appointment of the Grounds Maintenance Contractor.
- New Leisure Facilities in Horley
The Leisure & Amenities Committee shall exercise the powers and duties of the Council relative to:
- The operation of the grounds maintenance contract
- The maintenance and improvement of the Town Council’s recreation areas
- The maintenance and improvement of the Town Council’s play areas.
- Flower baskets, planters and flower beds.
- Horley / South & South East in Bloom
- Allotment sites (including charges for rental of plots)
- Football matters (including charges for pitch hire)
- Security in recreation grounds.
- Provision of Christmas tree.
- Applications for the use of the Council's Leisure and Amenities facilities.
- Charges for use of the Council’s Leisure and Amenities facilities.
- Making appointments to and receiving reports in respect of its Outside Bodies.
- Youth Matters
- Andy Dye
- David Powell
- Fiona Stimpson (Vice-Chairman)
- Hannah Avery
- Helen Kitajewski
- James Baker
- Jante Baird
- Jerry Hudson
- Jordan Beech
- Michael George
- Robert Marr
- Samantha Marshall
- Simon Marshall (Chairman)