New Defibrillator unveiled
Thanks to the generosity of the charity Rapid Relief Team, we happy to announce a new Automated External Defibrillator is now located at the Bull Pub on Horley Row, RH6 8DE
In her first mayoral engagement as Town Mayor, Cllr Samantha Marshall with Chris Hancock (Landlord of The Bull) and representatives from Rapid Relief Team attended the unveiling of the unit on 19th May.
Town Mayor, Cllr Samantha Marshall said, 'On behalf of Horley Town Council, we would like to express our gratitude for the donation of the defibrillator unit made by Rapid Relief Team. Thanks also go to Chris Hancock, Landlord of the Bull for allowing us to site it here'
Did you know?:
- An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a portable life saving device that can give a casualty’s heart an electric shock, when it has stopped beating normally in a sudden cardiac arrest.
- A defibrillator works by checking the casualty's heart rhythm once the defibrillator pads are placed on their chest and giving them a shock if needed.
- Defibrillators can be used on adults or children over one year old.
- By using a defibrillator before an ambulance arrives, you can significantly increase someone’s chance of survival by up to 70%.
- Once the unit is fully registered witht the Ambulance Service it will be available 24/7