Meath Green Lane Roadworks - 3-7 June
Thursday 3 June, For 4 days
Road Closed: 9.30am to 3pm
Road Closed for Surface Dressing
• Surface dressing involves spreading a thin layer of glue-like material called bitumen on the road and then spreading chippings over the entire surface from kerb to kerb. Traffic on the road will embed the chippings
into the bitumen to form the new surface.
• The main work should take a maximum of 1 to 2 days. We allow 4 days for the works to cover programme changes and we return to sweep away loose chippings three times - usually 24 hours, 48 hours and then again seven days after the initial works.
Information for residents and businesses
The road will be closed whilst we carry out these works. We will make sure you can get to and from your house or business but there will be times when delays are unavoidable. Talk to a member of our staff on site if you need help – talking to our staff can solve most issues.
• For a few days after the work and during prolonged spells of hot weather, the surface may still be sticky and could easily be carried into your home on shoes – make sure you take your shoes off to avoid marking your floor.
• This type of work is weather dependent and bad weather means the work will be rescheduled.
• Please keep the road free from parked vehicles. Please park elsewhere on the day we’re working otherwise it may be towed to a nearby road.
• Due to the fast-moving nature of this type of work, dates can vary from the ones advertised on this leaflet. If we’re unable to work on the date on the front of this leaflet, please make sure the road is left clear of vehicles the following working day.
• You can receive an email alert when the details of these roadworks change through the one.network website by clicking ‘Sign up here’ on the pop out for the works. You will then receive an alert with any changes to dates, access information, delays and when works have been completed.