Horley Town Council Vacancy - Office of Town Councillor
HORLEY WEST WARD
The Local Government Act, Section 87 (2), requires a local council to give public notice of casual vacancies to ensure transparency and to attract more candidates.
- There is a vacancy on Horley Town Council (Horley West Ward) caused by the recent resignation of a Town Councillor.
- The vacancy will be filled by co-option as soon as practicable.
- Please contact the Town Council Offices (details below) if you are interested in being considered and would like to receive an Application Form.
- All applications must be received in writing by no later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 16 April 2021
The functions and responsibilities of Horley Town Council are listed on the main page of the Town Council website. To find out more about the role of a Town Councillor, please refer to the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) website which provides these useful publications:
More general information on local government and elections can also be found at the following websites:
- Local Government Association (LGA) website - works with Councils to support, promote and improve Local Government.
- Be a councillor website - provides details on undertaking the role of public office as a Councillor.
Paper copies of the above-mentioned documentation is also available on request
Dated: 10 March 2021
Joan Walsh, Town Clerk
Horley Town Council
Council Offices, 92 Albert Road, Horley RH6 7HZ
Tel: 01293 784765