The Community Foundation for Surrey has set up a fund in response to the Corona Virus to help local charities:
Fund Aim and Priorities
To support community and voluntary groups assisting in the relief effort, in easing the immediate difficulties communities are facing and to support their recovery over the coming weeks and months.
Priority will be given to voluntary organisations providing support to the most vulnerable and isolated, including:
- Older people
- People with disabilities
- People with mental health needs
- People on low incomes; and
- Families with young children
Grants of up to £5,000 will be awarded to support the following:
- Enabling the delivery of services to vulnerable people – including but not limited to food banks, befriending schemes and other crucial community services and activities to support vulnerable people at this time.
- Providing information, advice, counselling and other support and community services to help people cope with isolation and the emotional stress caused in the short and medium term.
- Supporting essential running costs to enable organisations to continue to deliver vital services.
- Enabling organisations deliver differently – for example equipment to enable remote working or telephone helplines rather than face-to-face support, and moving to one-to-one outreach rather than group activities.
Retrospective payments may be made to cover costs incurred in urgent response to the crisis.