Committee: Finance and General Purposes
Its Sub-Committees are:
- Awards Committee
- Best Value Working Group
- Borough Standards Committee
- Editorial Sub-Committee
- Quality Status Sub-Committee
- Relocation of Town Council Offices Working Group
- Staff Sub-Committee
- Standing Orders Working Group
- Town Guide Working Group
Its Appointments are:
- Access Group
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Horley Sports (Social) Club
- Horley-Vimy Twinning Association
- Local History Management Committee
- Surrey County Association of Parish & Town Councils
Terms of Reference
- Matters relating to the powers of the Town Council.
- Matters relating to boundaries and representation.
- The purchase, sale, transfer, construction, alteration, acquisition and maintenance of buildings and other structures.
- Purchase, disposal or sale of land.
- Leasing, licensing and letting of land and buildings in the Council's ownership and obtaining planning permission where necessary.
- Review and variation of Standing Orders.
- The Town Council Schedule of Meetings.
- Organisation of Annual Town Meeting.
- Civic matters and social functions.
- The smooth and efficient running of the Town Council Offices.
- The maintenance, or replacement as necessary, of Town Council equipment and furnishings in the Council Offices, Albert Rooms.
- Applications for the use of the Council Chamber and Albert Rooms by others.
- Any matter not dealt with by other committees./li>
- Approval of Committee expenditure.
- Placing and variation of insurance policies.
- Banking arrangements.
- Accounting functions.
- Financial aspects of the Council's affairs, including fund-raising.
- Budget control in accordance with the approved estimates.
- Preparation of annual budget in liaison with other committees.
- Recommending Estimates and a level of Precept for approval by the Full Council.
- Making appointments to, and receiving reports in respect of, its Outside Bodies.
- To review the editorial content and ensure the regular publication of a quarterly newsletter.
- To review the contents of the web site
- To review the content and regular update of the Horley Town Guide.
- Adrian Kitajewski
- David Powell
- Ganesh Kumar
- Helen Kitajewski (Chairman)
- Jante Baird
- Martin Saunders
- Michael George
- Robert Marr
- Samantha Marshall (Vice-Chairman)
- Valerie Marshall
- Wayne Philips