Committee: Finance and General Purposes
Its Sub-Committees are:
- Communications Sub-Committee
- Resilience and Emergency Plan Sub-Committee
- Internal Audit Review Sub-Committee
- Standing Orders Sub-Committee
Its outside bodies are:
- Borough Standards Committee
- Surrey Association of Local Councils (Surrey ALC)
Terms of Reference
The Finance & General Purposes Committee shall make recommendations to Full Council relative to:
- The location of Town Council Offices.
- The purchase, sale, transfer, construction, alteration, acquisition and maintenance of buildings and other structures.
- Purchase, disposal or sale of land.
- Leasing, licensing and letting of land and buildings in the Council's ownership and obtaining planning permission where necessary.
- Review and variation of Standing Orders, Financial Regulations and associated policies
- Town Council Precept.
- Grant Applications
- Town and Ward boundary issues.
- Changes in legislation or Government directives.
- Freedom of Information – Model Publication Scheme
The Finance & General Purposes Committee shall exercise the powers and duties of the Council relative to:
- The Town Council Schedule of Meetings.
- Organisation of Town Meeting.
- Civic matters and social functions.
- National Association of Local Councils (NALC)
- Surrey Association of Local Councils (Surrey ALC, formerly SCAPTC)
- Newsletter, Annual Report and Town Guide
- The maintenance or replacement as necessary, of Town Council equipment and furnishings in the Albert Rooms.
- Applications for the use of the Albert Rooms by others.
- Charges for the use of Council owned buildings by others.
- Placing and variation of insurance policies.
- Ensuring that the Financial Regulations of the Council are strictly adhered to.
- Consideration of all audit reports. (Including Councillors’ Audit)
- Approval of Monthly Financial Reports (to include all payments and receipts for the month in question)
- Banking arrangements.
- Accounting functions.
- Budget control in accordance with the approved estimates.
- Preparation of annual budget in liaison with other committees.
- Making appointments to, and receiving reports in respect of, its Outside Bodies.
- Adrian Kitajewski
- Andy Dye
- David Powell
- Helen Kitajewski (Chairman)
- Jante Baird (Vice-Chairman)
- Jordan Beech
- Martin Saunders
- Michael George
- Robert Marr
- Samantha Marshall
- Wayne Philips