2011 Annual Horley Town Meeting
The Annual Horley Town Meeting will be held on Friday 25 March 2011 at the Edmonds Community Hall (formerly "The Albert Rooms"), Albert Road Horley RH6 7HZ commencing at 7.30 pm.
Among matters to be discussed at the meeting will be to hear an update on the Smith’s Charity, on the Cyril Edmonds Fund, and to receive annual reports from the Town Council’s Chairman and Committee Chairmen. A presentation will also be made by Brian Buss of the Local History Society.
Any members of the public, who are resident in Horley, may submit a proposed resolution on any matter (together with the names of proposer and seconder) for public discussion. Proposed resolutions should be submitted in writing to the Town Council by Wednesday 23 March 2011.
Details are as follows:
The People of Horley are invited to attend the
HORLEY TOWN MEETING
to be held at The Albert Rooms, Albert Road, Horley on Friday 25 April 2008 at 7.30 pm.
The Town Meeting may by law discuss all Town affairs and pass resolutions about them.
- To receive apologies for absence.
- To confirm and sign the Minutes of the Horley Town Meeting held on Friday 30 April 2010.
- To receive the unaudited accounts of Smith's Charity for the year ending 28 February 2011. (To be presented by one of the Trustees)
- Horley Churchyards – to receive the report from the Chairman of the Churchyards Committee.
- Horley Edmonds Community Fund – to receive a report from The Community Foundation for Surrey.
- To receive the Annual Report of Horley Town Council.
- To receive the report of the Chairman of Horley Town Council.
- To receive the reports of the Committee Chairmen:
- Leisure & Amenities Committee
- Planning & Development Committee
- Finance & General Purposes Committee
- To receive questions from members of the public about the above reports.
- To consider any relevant Town matters, resolutions as to which to have been submitted in writing by Wednesday 23 March 2011.
- To receive a presentation on the Horley Local History Society, given by committee member, Mr Brian Buss.
- Public discussion period.
Date of Next Meeting – Friday 27 April 2012 (provisional)
Alan Jones FCSI ACIB, Town Clerk, Horley Town Council
Council Offices, 92 Albert Road, Horley, Surrey RH6 7HZ