Committee: Finance and General Purposes
Terms of Reference
- Matters relating to the powers of the Town Council.
- Matters relating to boundaries and representation.
- The purchase, sale, transfer, construction, alteration, acquisition and maintenance of buildings and other structures.
- Purchase, disposal or sale of land.
- Leasing, licensing and letting of land and buildings in the Council's ownership and obtaining planning permission where necessary.
- Review and variation of Standing Orders.
- The Town Council Schedule of Meetings.
- Organisation of Annual Town Meeting.
- Civic matters and social functions.
- The smooth and efficient running of the Town Council Offices.
- The maintenance, or replacement as necessary, of Town Council equipment and furnishings in the Council Offices, Albert Rooms.
- Applications for the use of the Council Chamber and Albert Rooms by others.
- Any matter not dealt with by other committees./li>
- Approval of Committee expenditure.
- Placing and variation of insurance policies.
- Banking arrangements.
- Accounting functions.
- Financial aspects of the Council's affairs, including fund-raising.
- Budget control in accordance with the approved estimates.
- Preparation of annual budget in liaison with other committees.
- Recommending Estimates and a level of Precept for approval by the Full Council.
- Making appointments to, and receiving reports in respect of, its Outside Bodies.
- To review the editorial content and ensure the regular publication of a quarterly newsletter.
- To review the contents of the web site
- To review the content and regular update of the Horley Town Guide.
- Helen Kitajewski
- Henry Randall
- James Baird (Vice-Chairman)
- Linda Mabbett
- Michael George
- Richard Olliver
- Richard Biggs
- Samantha Marshall (Chairman)
- Simon Marshall
- Valerie Marshall